The number of people extrajudicially killed under Philippine President Duterte has reached over 25,000–surpassing the dictator Marcos and all other regimes. Among those slain are innocent poor people, Catholic priests, indigenous peoples, and human rights activists. Our U.S. tax dollars are complicit: In 2018 alone, Congress approved $184.5 million in aid that goes straight to the current regime’s police and military.
Join the Malaya Movement and the International Coalition for Human Rights in the Philippines (ICHRP) to learn about the current human rights situation in the Philippines, strengthen our solidarity with the Filipino people, and build the broadest opposition to the killings under President Duterte. Together, let’s call for an end to U.S. support for Duterte’s regime.
Special guest speakers:
- Cristina “Tinay” Palabay, Secretary General of KARAPATAN
- Giselle “G” Tongi, actress and convener for the Malaya Movement
- Church of the Precious Blood Parish Hall
- 435 S Occidental Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90057
- Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 7:00-9:00 p.m.